Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

Micra rear fog light stays on permanently even with ignition

Customer Question

micra rear fog light stays on permanently even with ignition turned off
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: nissaan micra reg no re08ndz 2008 rear fog light constantly lit with and without ignition on and/or fog switch on/off
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: Our top Nissan Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Nissan Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Nissan Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The wiring to the light needs checked for any shorts/damage at all needing repaired or replaced.If any wiring is found to be shorted or damaged at all this will need corrected to resolve this fault here.

If this is found to be o.k. you will need to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set and then from there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair this issue.In some cases there may be a control unit that is shorting out that needs replaced so having the fault codes checked will help diagnose and correct this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete