Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Tried to program a second-hand transmitter fob on son's

Customer Question

Hello,,
Tried to program a second-hand transmitter fob on son's Honda Civic 1600i 2005. obviously made a hash of it, only succeeding in disabling the original one which worked now both don't. Closed the door and when opened again, the alarm continually went off, only way i could stop it was to disconnect the battery terminal. Tried to find if there is an alarm fuse without success in the car and if so thought I thought i could pull that and then have another go at programming the fobs. What do you think is my best course of action ?
Thanks
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 8 months ago.

First closed all doors then lock then unlock the doors with the key ,open door sit in and start engine.

Then reprogram the FOB's

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
A bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.