Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My ml 270 cdi starts but then cuts out i have have the codes

Customer Question

Hi my ml 270 cdi starts but then cuts out i have have the codes read and areas follows P1187 rail pressure low P 1189 inlet port shut off And P1470 charge pressure control neg can you please give me any indication on were to start
Many thanks for your help
Regards ***** *****
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would start with clearing out/erasing all fault codes then start and run the vehicle as long as it will run and see which codes reset.This way it can be diagnosed off of the codes setting for the fault that is occuring here.

I have seen restricted fuel filter cause the low rail pressure and fault with the shutting off here needing replaced.You may have to relearn the steering angle sensor by turning the steering all the way to one side with the engine running then back all the way to the other side a few times in a solid motion.

If you can clear out the codes then post the codes here that are setting with this issue occuring this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi pete Thank you for getting back to me have been very busy but i have tried you remedy for the steering but i wonder if it has this fault because i have had the steering rack not off the vehicle but loosened the bolt and taken the spline off because it was leaking but found it was the pipe that was loose not the rack leaking and now the steering wheel is not in line . also since this problem it has started up but then cutes out and is then difficult to start again can you advise
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Are you saying that since the steering was adjusted or tampered with this is when the difficult to start issue occurred as well and this was not an issue until the steering was tampered with?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Pete
I have had this car now for about 4 months when i picked it up the low range motor would not work. I have now had the motor of and cleaned the rotor and re greased it it now works fine but also seamed to throw up other faults . I went on MB site and was told that this could do this . the steering rack issue was leaking and only when starting to remove the plastic covers did i find that some one had installed a rubber o ring in it and it was this that had now burst that was making it leak .so i tightened it up and no more leak . But obviously did not get it back on the car in the right place and the code was now showing a steering angle censer fault is this fault because the steering wheel is not in line .And would it now cause problems with the starting .Many thanks *****