Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.

The radio in my Renault master 2011 would not turn off so I

Customer Question

the radio in my Renault master 2011 would not turn off so I pulled a main fuse that stopped even the engine then re inserted and radio or tom tom wont work but there is a light on in the radio and the clock on the sat nav so whats wrong and what will I do to fix
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: got radio checked and cleaned by expert and he could not find anything wrong then plugged in computer but it could not get any signal from radio
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Renault Mechanic should know about your Renault?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Renault Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The power and ground signals need tested to the radio to make sure they are all o.k. and present.If these are o.k. the most common cause I have seen for this issue here is a faulty radio itself with it needing removed and repaired or replaced to correct this fault.If you are missing a power signal I would double check that all fuses are o.k. and if all are found to be o.k. then the wiring needs checked leading to the radio for any issues with the wiring needing repaired to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete