sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Parasitic battery drain on Chrysler 300c power feeding both

Customer Question

Parasitic battery drain on Chrysler 300c power feeding both fron seats permanently is the cause. Both yellow plugs diconnected car is fine left foe a week or more . When connected after 3 days battery totally drained. Any common known problems causing this?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2008 Chrysler 300c deisel estate. If left with both yelloe plugs feeding power to the front seats battery is drained within 3 days. Unable to open car battery is that low. If I disconnect both seats Large yellow connector under the fron of each seat I can after re charging the battery leave the car idle for a week or more & the battery is fine. There is some parasitic drain from the battery with the seats connected.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chrysler Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $16 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're referring to the connectors I believe you are there is no current running through any of the circuits. The yellow connectors are for airbag components and the only time current would be present is for a fraction of a second during airbag deployment.

What needs to be done is a proper ignition off draw test to see what fused circuit the draw is on. Has this been done?