Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have had an orange or yellow light pop up twice after

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: I have had an orange or yellow light pop up twice after driving on my dashboard. when I looked it up online it states that I should get my transmission checked out. Is it still safe to drive the car until Tuesday?
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: a friend who is a Honda specialist just plugged a scanner in but couldnt find any fault as the light has disappeared. the was also not coming out when the was on. can you help?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the BMW Mechanic should know about your BMW?
Customer: its a 330d. its a due a service in about 3k miles. no other known issues
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If the vehicle is shifting and operating properly you may be o.k. to drive it until you can have it properly diagnosed and repaired.It may take a different type of scan tool that may be fully compatible with your models computers to locate any codes set as some scan tools are unable to communicate with all computers in your model.One is needed that can do this.

Once the codes are read out then the codes can be diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.This may be a solenoid or sensor at fault in the transmission itself needing repaired or replaced.

You may have to have the codes checked when the fault is occuring this way if there is a code setting it can be picked up right away.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete