Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

I bought a 2007 3.2 shogun and when driving it home it went

Customer Question

Hi I bought a 2007 3.2 shogun and when driving it home it went into limp mode and diesel started pouring out of the injector rail. So I left it off for a while and it went out of limp mode but the engine management light came on with no choose but to drive it home I just kept topping it up with fuel. The next morning I checked the rail to find that one of the bolts for the injector pipes was very loose after doing it up it stopped leaking so drove it 1/4 up the road to see if it really worked but then it started to puff out tons of blue smoke when I checked the oil level it was way over the full line so I drained 1 1/2 ltrs out which put it just under the full line but it still smokes a bit after driving for 5 mins and is really slow and doesn't seen to have any boost.do you have any ideas as to what the problem is now or if it is simply due to the management light being on?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

Hi im kevin it sounds like one of your injectors minimum has failed causing excess fuel to go into cylinder and to causeborewash where fuel manages to get into sump .i wouldnt drive any further until oil has been changed and injectors have been tested

Expert:  Kevin replied 8 months ago.

Please rate my service and let me know if you need anything else