sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have an Audi Q7, model 2007, gasoline and the battery is

Customer Question

Hi there
I have an Audi Q7, model 2007, gasoline and the battery is only 2 years old and it is leaking power. Within 24 hours it went from 100% power down to 10 %.
What could be the problem ?
Best regards,
Halldor
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Hopefully the battery was actually load tested as well as charged. It's not at all out of the question that the battery could be bad.

If the battery is good and is dying while the car is sitting then you have something drawing current while the car is at rest. The problem could be a module staying awake, a light coming on or staying on, and it's not uncommon for an alternator to cause a draw.

What will need to be done is an ignition off draw test. An ammeter needs to be set up between a disconnected battery cable and it's post and after five minutes if the draw exceeds about 40 mA then there is cause for concern. At that point fuses would then be removed one at a time to see when the raw drops and then concentrate on components on that circuit.