Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Ford senior technician
Experience:  fully qualified ford senior technician. ata registerd. svq level 3 .12 years experience
17855046

My key doesn't allow Me to start the car anymore, I have a

Customer Question

Hello... My key doesn't allow Me to start the car anymore
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2008 mondeo and today after I came back from a drive wanted to start the car again and nothing
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Disconnecting the battery hoping the immobiliser will reset or something... I bought the car used and it came with only one key
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Ford Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: Nothing I know about
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Ford Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 9 months ago.

Hi there good afternoon to you

Ok is this a keyless start vehicle

Do the ignition lights come on when you press button /turn key

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
they do turn on... And it's not keyless go... It sais imobilizer on

Hi There good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response

the most common issue we see on the mk4 2007/2009 Mondeo regarding Immobilsor active issues is standing corrosion in the main engine bay loom. Y joint

This Y joint is prone for holding standing water and causes the feed wire for the PCM to corrod thus not powering up the PCM

This can sometimes impact other systems but most commonly no crank due to a power supply issue to the PCM

the corroded wire will be further down the loom in the Y joints

The wire may look visually ok but if you tug at it it will come away as the corrosion is inside the wiring

I have attached an image to show you the main suspected points

I always remove the plugs from the pcm and strip the loom backwards from the PCM plugs up into the Y joint of the engine loom

The immobilser system on Mondeo is very complex and involves 3 different modules that must communicate with each other

The abs module ,PCM/ECU and the BCMii

Most commonly it is a corroded power supply wire to the PCM that is affected

If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know

If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice

PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER

Kind regards ***** ***** and have a evening

Brian

Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 7 months ago.

Hi there good evening to you

How did you get on with the advice I gave you regarding your Immobilsor fault

Regards Brian