Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a 1998 Nissan Pimera,I have replaced battery and

Customer Question

I have a 1998 Nissan Pimera,I have replaced battery and followed steps,engine does not start.
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Battery cables were loose couple days ago. I removed and cleaned terminals. Engine did not start yesterday even with jump. Checked for spark( ok) checked for fuel ( I hear pump, I removed fuel hose after filter and turned key,fuel came out into can). Replaced battery today,still not starting.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If I can yes
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Has NATS sticker in window. Other than that was running good,no noises started quickly,lots of get up and go.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $15 after the Nissan Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Ok, There are several potential causes ranging from faulty starter, ignition switch, clutch or PNP switch, to problem with immobilizer

I need to know if the engine is turning over but not starting, or no sound when turning the key to crank

I also need to know if the security/antitheft light is on solid or blinking, or if there is an alarm going off when putting the key in the ignition