Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Im i have a 300c 3.0 diesel run out of diesel now wont start

Customer Question

hi im ian i have a 300c 3.0 diesel run out of diesel now wont start i have derv at injectors still wont fire up done a compression test no compression on 3 cyls only 2.5 lbs on others #
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chrysler. The Chrysler Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: new filter cracked injectors fuel up there still didnt start , done a compression test no compreesion car ran well till it ran out of derv
JA: Is there anything else the Chrysler Mechanic should be aware of about your Chrysler?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

hello

1st thing to check is if the throttle is being opened when you are doing the compression test?

you don't say what year your 300C is but the later ones use a throttle on the intake to generate vacuum instead of running a pump

if there's no throttle and the compression test results are genuine then I'd repeat the compression test with some oil squirted into the bores as this will increase the pressure generated if the fault is with the piston rings

if the measurement stays the same then the fault is with the valve sealing

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi it's a 2007 it was running ok before full ran out but only to move in and out of garage having bodywork done so hasn't really been on rd for 7 mths
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Ok

in that case its possible the rings are gummed up?

try some parafinn or redex into each bore and leave to soak for a few days

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you