Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

BMW X3 initially failed to start. Engine Management light

Customer Question

BMW X3 initially failed to start. Engine Management light came on inc. EML. Eventually started with increased level of exhaust fumes in addition to burning smell from engine. Can the vehicle be driven and what could be the cause. Many thanks.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,

My name is ***** ***** it will be my pleasure to assist you today.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
I would strongly recommend not driving the vehicle, you could do very serious damage if you do
possible causes would be a throttle or throttle wiring hardness failure, a failed crankcase ventilation system or oil leak
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,
.