Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My name is ***** ***** i have electrical problems with my

Customer Question

my name is ***** ***** i have electrical problems with my e280 1999 some times the windows or electic seats don't work disconnect the battery for a while and but it back and everything works leave it for 5 day sand the battery goes flat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have electrical problems with my e280 1999 some times the windows or electic seats don't work disconnect the battery for a while and but it back and everything works leave it for 5 day sand the battery goes flat
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mercedes Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ok have paid now
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
some times the indicators or wipers don't work and the ebs and abs warning comes on disconnect the battery for a while then every thing works again
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like a possible loss of voltage or ground due to a loose or corroded or even damaged connection at the battery or leading from the battery,starter or alternator or the fuse panels.I would check over the wiring and cables to see if any issues are found with any of the wiring needing repaired or replaced to correct this here.If this is checked and all found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
but why does the windows and front seats do not work but if I disconnect the battery then reconnect a little time later they will work ??
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

It sounds like you are resetting a component like a door control ecu or SAM control module when you disconnect and reconnect like this here.This can allow short operation of these components until the control unit acts up again.

The best thing to do here is to have the fault codes read out/checked using either a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle or a dealers SDS machine to see if you can locate the component causing the fault here.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete