sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I bought a kia with 58000 miles on clock. I took it the

Customer Question

I bought a kia with 58000 miles on clock . I took it the following day to have a new cam belt fitted the car had a full check by an independent mechanic at time of purchase and he advised me to put the new cambelt on as it was close to the milage where one was due everything else was in good order. after not hearing from the garage for a couple of days I gave them a ring to find out what was taking so long ,to be told that the keys were no longer coded so iwould have to wait well now after 9 days with new keys coded the immobelizer is still on and they don't know why . They are now doing something to the camshaft plus new battery but the truth is they have told me they don't know why . have you any ideas
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry ***********
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can somone please reply befor garage closes
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible for keys to fail but they don't lose programming. Either way, the keys or immobilizer don't have anything to do with replacing the timing belt. It sounds as if this shop doesn't really have the capability to diagnose the issue and a dealer is most likely going to be necessary.

Do you know exactly what symptoms it has??

Has the timing belt not been replaced, or did the current issue arise during that repair?