Steve
Steve, BMW Expert
Experience:  BMW Expert
26942375

I'm great, thank you. I have a 2006 e90 bmw 3 series. The

Customer Question

I'm great, thank you. I have a 2006 e90 bmw 3 series. The problem is when I drive it from cold it runs smooth. When it warms up after about 15-20 mins it starts to jerk. I have noticed that it jerks more , but not exclusively when the Rev counter is between 2-3000rpm. I have recently changed the O2 sensors.but this did not help. What could be the problem
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
Hello
Do any warning lights come on?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When the jerking starts the yellow DTC warning lights flash then go off again
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
whenever the car is jerking the DTC light is flashing?
why were the o2 sensors replaced?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The car was put on the diagnostic machine and o2 sensors problem was diagnosed hence they were changed
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The DTC lights flash at time but not always
Expert:  Steve replied 9 months ago.
I will provide an honest answer. I trust this will be appreciated. Please remember that a low rating PUNISHES me for being honest and that I receive nothing for my time until a positive rating is clicked.
rough running when hot is often bad coils so I would consider replacing yours
two other things that commonly cause rough running and can also give an o2 sensor code would be an intake air leak and failed crankcase vent valve so I would also suggest looking for both of these as well.
finally, if the DTC lights are coming on, this could simply be that the traction control system is cutting in when it should not be - a full diagnostic with a BMW factory scan tool can diagnose an issue like this.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Please do not forget to click a positive rating as this is the only way I receive credit for my answer, thank you. Best wishes with your vehicle.