Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Im looking trouble shooting guide ford transit asm i have a

Customer Question

hi pearl im looking for a trouble shooting guide for a ford transit asm i have a few of them for my delivery business any leads thx
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: it stays in manual mode and wont go into auto every thing works well with the gears when in manual
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes i have all the equipment diagnosic tool and have changed many parts but still have same prob
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: all sensors and wiring replaced the error code says the same timing sensor distance is too far or to short or break in the wiring
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no i have been through a local ford mac here and done all that he has said even checking the wiring at the back of radio as they are know to cut through on the sharp edge of the steel
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

OK, first, I need the year of your Transit and engine size. Also I will need the last 8 of the vin number to pull schematics and testing procedures.

Finally, I need the actual fault code numbers