Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

How do I clear code on radio saying 2 safe to reset code on

Customer Question

How do I clear code on radio saying 2 safe to reset code on a6 2003
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Audi Concert II Radio

Entering Anti-theft Code

The Concert II radio has "Smart coding", which makes it unnecessary to enter a code to unlock the radio as long as the radio is installed in the car that it belongs to, even after disconnecting and reconnecting battery power. If you are installing a Concert II radio in a different car than the one it came in, you must enter the code to unlock the radio.

The following is the procedure to re-activate the radio if the display shows "SAFE". It is important that the procedure be followed in the correct order.

1. Turn on radio. The radio display shows "SAFE".

2. Press the SCAN and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold until "1000" shows on the display. Release the buttons. Do NOT press these buttons again, otherwise the radio will consider "1000" to be the code.

3. Use Preset buttons 1 ... 4 to enter the four-digit code number from your radio card. Preset button 1 corresponds to the first digit, Preset button 2 corresponds to the second digit, etc. Each press of the button increments the number by 1.

4. Once the code shown on the display is correct, press the SCAN and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold until the word "SAFE" appears in the display, then release the buttons.

5. The radio should unlock and be usable shortly afterwards.

6. If an incorrect code is entered, the word "SAFE" appears, first flashing and then continuously. You can repeat the above steps to unlock the radio once more, the number of attempts will be shown in the display. If an incorrect code is entered again, you radio will be locked for about one hour. After one hour - the radio must stay on and the key must remain in the ignition lock - if the display goes out, the you can repeat the above procedure to unlock again. The cycle - two attempts, one hour lock-up - still applies.

7. If you lose your radio code, contact your Audi dealer.

Audi Symphony II Radio

Entering Anti-theft Code

The Symphony II radio has "Smart coding", which makes it unnecessary to enter a code to unlock the radio as long as the radio is installed in the car that it belongs to, even after disconnecting and reconnecting battery power. If you are installing a Symphony II radio in a different car than the one it came in, you must enter the code to unlock the radio.

2. Press the AS and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold until "1000" shows on the display. Release the buttons. Do NOT press these buttons again, otherwise the radio will consider "1000" to be the code.

4. Once the code shown on the display is correct, press the AS and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold until the word "SAFE" appears in the display, then release the buttons.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.