Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

6 cylinder misfire on a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. 18K ***** *****

Customer Question

6 cylinder misfire on a 2012 Jeep Wrangler. 18K ***** ***** and check engine light is on. Engine will misfire and then run fine.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: At idle or in traffic (slow moving) checkengine light will come on. Checking OB2 Connection with scanner notes #6 cylinder misfiring.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Jeep Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

With the misfire coming and going like this here most common in some cases can be a fault with the #6 cylinder fuel injector.I have seen the fuel injector atomize incorrectly off and on like this here causing this misfire.I have also seen ignition coil act up like this as well.

The fuel injector and ignition coil need checked to see which is the cause then replaced from there.In some cases you can swap the injector or a coil to see if the misfire moves.If you do this and the misfire moves to another cylinder then the component you swapped is the cause needing replaced.

This will need tested further though to pinpoint and repair this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete