Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

Sean I have a 2004 plate Ford focus mk1 with 80000miles on

Customer Question

HI Sean
I have a 2004 plate Ford focus mk1 with 80000miles on the clock.
When you blip the throttle the revs seem to take too long to drop. they will fall slowlyish to around the 2000 markhover for a second or two them drop to about 1100 which is still a bit high. I have checked all the breather tubes etc from crankase and stuff and they are all sound.
Any ideas
regards
Paul
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have just 1 other issue with the car
It has the steering has a definite notch when turning the steering wheel eitherway from the straight on position. If I turn the wheel a full 360 degrees the notch is not there. if it were the universal joint in the steering colum i would expect the joint to stick/notch at the same point after 360 degrees but it does not. I am thinking it is probably the rack which will need replacing. what are your feelings on this
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Paul I would start first with scanning the computer system to see if there are any fault codes setting and if there post back with them. If there are not then I would try disconnecting the battery cable and after doing so give the throttle body a good cleaning . Once you done, restart the engine and allow it to idle for 15 to 20 minutes to allow the computer to relearn the closed throttle values . Try this and see if it solves the idle concern.