Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I have a euro spec 1999 xj8 - has been perfect then today

Customer Question

I have a euro spec 1999 xj8 - has been perfect then today I've started driving and the stability system fail message has come on along with the gearbox error - Front dipped headlights don't work and the dash illumination keeps going on and off along with various dash warning lights - Any ideas
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Jaguar. The Jaguar Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would rather fix it myself , However I own a VW and Porsche restorers so am not mechanically useless - ECUs scare me though
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Jaguar Mechanic should know about your Jaguar?
Customer: No , its been faultless in the time I have owned it , Just started playing up after being stood for a couple of weeks in the very bad rain
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Jaguar Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Any time the stability system fail message appears this means the system is seeing a fault and when this happens the computer system will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to know what is failing the first thing that needs to be done is to have the computer system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to try and help you get this resolved.