Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My Chrysler Voyager 2,5 TD (1996) will not start. The

Customer Question

My Chrysler Voyager 2,5 TD (1996) will not start. The mechanics at the shop where I set it, thinks there is a theft alarm blockage, but they cannot seem to find out any more, since the blockage also makes it impossible to diagnose via computer connection. Is it possible that this is due to an anti-theft-system, and if so, how can we unblock this?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Usually the theft system will allow a computer or scan tool to connect to read codes still if the theft has been activated and if you are unable to communicate with a computer or scan tool on your model here this doesnt sound like a theft fault.

This can be an issue with the engine computer itself in some cases as I have seen before.I would have the diagnostic connector checked for any shorts or damage needing repaired and test to make sure the engine computer has its proper powers and grounds.If these are all found to be o.k. this may be an issue with the engine computer itself.I would have this tested further and may be best to have a dealer repair facility test this as they usually have the best knowledge and test equipment for this testing to see if the computer itself needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete