Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Hfx Peugeot 1.1 non start, turns over, BSI REPLACED, NEW

Customer Question

hfx Peugeot 1.1 non start, turns over
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: BSI REPLACED, NEW GENUINE PART, NEW ECU, NEW SMART FUSEBOX, NEW TRANSPONDER ARIAL AND NEW KEY STILL NO COMMS WITH ENGINE ECU VEHICLE SPPED DATA FAULTS IN INSTRUMENT CLUSTER AND AIRBAG ECU WHEN IM IN PEUGEOT PLANET 200 AND GO INTO BSI PARAMETERS IT SAYS ENGINE ECM LOCKED, BSI UNLOCKED NO I HAVE RE-PROGRAMMED THE KEYS WITH THE CORRECT CODE AND THEY PROGRAM SUCCESFULLY. THIS IS RUNNING MAGNETTI MARELLI ECU
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Peugeot Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect the wiring leading to the engine ecu for any damage.If any damage is found the damage will need to be repaired to correct this issue here.I would also check over the engine wiring harness to see if any wiring is found damage in any way needing repaired or replaced.If this is or has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
All the wiring has been tested. Back proved from ECU with ingition on. 12 V to ecu pin F3 grey multiplug. Earths back to smart fuse box, which has built in engine relay. All interior wiring has been checked. There is an issue with wiring between BSI and engine ecu. BSI is not waking up the engine ecu
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete