Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

No power steering fault, its a 2008 auris sr180, Ive just

Customer Question

no power steering fault
JA: What model and year is your Toyota?
Customer: its a 2008 auris sr180
JA: Nice car. The Toyota Mechanic can help you with your '08 Toyota. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Ive just bought the car and Ive had a few issues with it so a mechanic friend came around to have a quick look , the engine blows blue smoke out of the exhaust when its first started in the morning but clears when the engine warms up, so he plugged his fault code machine int the ecu port to see if there was a code but it was all clear, but while still plugged in the warning for the power steering came up now ive got no power steering
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if its something i can do at home then yes ,as ive got a long commute in the morning
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Toyota Mechanic now?
Customer: yes thanks
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Toyota Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely the scan tool that was plugged in was not 100% compatible with your model and may have caused a fuse to blow.I have seen some scan tools do this before in the past.I would start with having all fuses checked for any blown fuses.if any are found to be blown the affected fuse needs replaced.if they are all checked and found to be o.k. there may be a fault internally with a control unit at fault needing replaced to correct this issue as the scan tool can short out a computer internally needing replaced.This will have to be checked/tested further to pinpoint and repair the cause from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete