Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a fiat scudo van which is turning over but wont

Customer Question

I have a fiat scudo van which is turning over but wont start. Dash displays a symbol with an orange engine block with black arrows in it. I have replaced the primary fuel pump. Still wont start.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here if this has not been done already is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this has been done the codes need to be diagnosed to locate and correct this fault.This has to be done with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.

I suspect a sensor or solenoid fault on the engine or transmission causing this issue here and having the codes checked is the first step needed to locate and repair this fault.If this has already been done let me know what codes are set or if you can get the codes read out post the code info here as this will help.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Pete, Indeed the response was not quick enough for me as I rely on the van for my business. Anyway I had to get it towed into a garage. Codes were not generated because the ECU had its knickers in a twist due a relay that was affecting it. Once the relay was changed the van started and has been running nicely since.
Regards Geo.
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I apologize for the delay once again.That is great to hear the fault has been located and resolved.If you need anything in the future let me know.

Thanks Pete