sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Have problem with code p0120, it's a nissan x trail 2.2 d

Customer Question

hi. have problem with code p0120
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it's a nissan x trail 2.2 d sport. it go to 2000rpm and stall.. i have chect pedal and it have all the walius ok. but i cant find throttle body on dhe engine
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

P0120 is for the accelerator pedal position sensor, which is part of the accelerator pedal assembly. This is a circuit code and indicates an issue with the sensor itself, wiring or connections. I see you mentioned checking the sensor's signal, but if it was checked and found to be ok then the problem wasn't currently happening. The only time testing can be done is when the code is active. Wiring and connection problems are possibly but odds are the sensor itself is failing.