sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Got a 2006 300c, stereo is frozen screen will not switch off

Customer Question

hi got a 2006 300c , stereo is frozen screen will not switch off even with key out , no sound and no response from the buttons how do i switch it off before it kills my battery?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Chrysler Mechanic will know what to do with your '06 300c. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: its a problem with the stereo not the battery
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing i dont know what the problem is none of the stereo butons respond
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Chrysler Mechanic now?
Customer: yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chrysler Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The root cause of this is an internal failure in the radio and it will need to be replaced.

Disconnecting and reconnecting the battery may allo the radio to stay off. If not then you can either remove the IOD fuse in the trunk (which will also take out the dome lamps and keyless entry), or you can unplug the radio.