FixItMan
FixItMan, Master Technician
Experience:  AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2006 v70 driving along and engine management light flashes

Customer Question

2006 v70 driving along and engine management light flashes on slight lack of power for a second then main beam headlights go out so only have full beam. Stop start again and all ok. Why?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you for the question. After the check engine light flashes does it stay on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it literally flashes on then a slight loss of power at the same time a bit like it is trying to stall and lights go out. Full beam is all that's left working until I stop and restart engine.
Expert:  FixItMan replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. I would start by checking the battery cable connections. Especially the negative cable to ground. Make sure that they are clean and tight. If they are and if the battery connections are good then you need to have the battery and alternator load tested. If those are all fine then it may be a failing control module.