Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I am looking into buying a used VW Jetta TDI, 115K miles. It

Customer Question

Hi...I am looking into buying a used VW Jetta TDI , 115K miles. It has two codes...p2271 and p047a. How much work will need to be done to fix those codes?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a VW. The VW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Codes p2271 and p047a
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: probably because I live in the UK and it is a US spec car
JA: Is there anything else important you think the VW Mechanic should know about your VW?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the VW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Can you tell me the year of this model and I will see if I can locate any info on it?

Thanks Pete