Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a problem with an 05 vauxhall combo alarm,the keyfob

Customer Question

hello mike,i have a problem with an 05 vauxhall combo alarm,the keyfob has stopped working,when opening the doors manually as soon as you enter the van the alarm goes off,i've entered the van thru the back doors but as soon as you turn the ignition alarm goes off,the only way to switch the alarm off seems to be locking the passenger door,any help much appreciated
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, open driver door and leave open. Disconnect the negative battery cable and then insert the ignition switch and turn ignition to on position. Wait at least 60 seconds and then reconnect the battery cable. The alarm should sound for about 60 seconds then go off. At that point cycle key to off position, wait 5 seconds and then crank engine

That should reset and turn off the alarm from happening again

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello Eric,i've just tried this and it doesnt work,when you disconnect the neg the horn part of the alarm stops but the other part thats in the car body continues,i left the neg disconnected and the doors open for approx 5 mins and still the alarm was going of,any help much appreciated
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

HI,

That was the only method I know of. I will opt out and see if another expert knows another method