Dr.Carz
Dr.Carz,
35496794

I've got a 2008 Cadillac SRX 3.6 AWD (LY7). Milage: 105

Customer Question

I've got a 2008 Cadillac SRX 3.6 AWD (LY7).
Milage: 105 k miles.
MIL is on, and error code is P0449, EVAP system vent solenoid control Circuit according to my Lemur BlueDriver OBD.
What part number do I need?
How long should it take to replace the part?
Is there anything particular to observe?
Thanks in advance.
/Jens
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 9 months ago.

Good morning this is pretty straight forward. The vent solenoid is located in the charcoal canister and has a 2 wire plug, it is held in by quarter turn lock in style, give it a twist and then pull out. The gm part number needed is 22865590 once the connector is removed take a look at the electrical terminals for corrosion. If corroded they sell a new pigtail if needed. Should take about a half hour to replace.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 9 months ago.

Here is a pic.

Expert:  Dr.Carz replied 9 months ago.

Good luck and keep me posted. Please remember to Rate my Service and Accept Thank You.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks! Is it likely that I will also need parts 13579002 and/or 19257603 for changing the solenoid?
If so, are both 13579002 and 19257603 needed, or does one article contain all necessary wiring?
BR
/Jens
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
BR
/Jens