sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

T, sorry, problem with signal. We've got a problem with a

Customer Question

T
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi sorry, problem with signal. We've got a problem with a Nissan Navarra 2.5, SG07 KFL, the cooling system is pressuring very quickly and forcing all the water out of the rad cap, also the heating in the cab is only blowing cold thanks
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Your symptoms point to a combustion leak. If exhaust gases are entering the cooling system then it will cause excessive pressure in the cooling system as you have described. When exhaust gases are pushed into the cooling system and coolant is displaced or burned then it will cause the lack of heat you noted from lack of coolant in the heater core.

You can use a block test kit to check for a combustion leak, but I've found these kits to be somewhat unreliable. Your symptoms point to a combustion leak, if the test came back negative then I would recommend applying air to each cylinder with the radiator cap removed and engine cold, and watch for bubbles. Possible causes would be the head, headgasket and the block itself.