Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Had been out in my 2004 diesel transit came back to it 10.

Customer Question

Had been out in my 2004 diesel transit came back to it 10. Mins later and there was no power no lights on the dash can you help please
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes had been out in van came back home parked the van went back out to it 10 mins later and it would not start in fact no lights on the dash nothing on jumped another battery onto it via jump Leeds and made no difference
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Ford Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Is anything electrical working in the vehicle at all or on the outside of the vehicle?Horn,wipers,lights,radio,etc.

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Pete yes the lights are working ,but nothing on the dash seems totally dead when you turn the key in the egnition there's nothing ok thanks Dave .
Expert:  Pete replied 9 months ago.

I apologize for the delay.

O.k.,check to see if any fuses have blown in any of the fuse panels.If any fuses are found to be blown at all the affected fuses will need replaced.If all fuses are found to be o.k. one common component I have seen cause this type of fault here in the past is the electronic ignition switch itself.One or more of its contacts will fail internally causing this issue with the switch itself needing replaced.I would have this tested to be sure this is the cause here and then replaced.This is a common component to cause exactly what you have described here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete