Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

ENJINE LITE 335- EGR ( PFE ) SENSOR VOTTAGE OUT OFRANGE 94

Customer Question

ENJINE LITE 335- EGR ( PFE ) SENSOR VOTTAGE OUT OFRANGE 94 RANGER 2.3LT. COULD IT BE WIRING HARNESS PULLED OFF HARNESS NO CHANGE N MOTOR
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The out of range voltage code from the egr valve can be an issue with damage to the engine wiring harness itself or connection fit to the egr valve or the computer.I would check this to see if any issues are found.

If these are found to be o.k. this can be the egr valve itself at fault as it can send back incorrect voltage readings to the computer causing this code to set here.This would need tested further to be sure this is the cause here before having it replaced but I have seen plenty of EGR failures before needing replaced that caused this fault code here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I TESTED THE EGR VALVE AND ITS GOOD DO YOU KNOW WHAT THE VOLTAGE IS SUPPOSE TO BE
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I dont have the exact specifications for this model here.I know most use 5 volts for a signal on one of the wires and one should have 12 volts and one a ground.The other is usually the feed back signal wire that sends voltage to the computer and this is the signal wire when it doesnt see the voltage sets this code.Some models use 5 or 8 volts for an engine computer signal on one of the wires with the key on.

Thanks Pete