Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I recently got a P0174 bank 2 trouble code to my 1999 Ford

Customer Question

Hello there!
I recently got a P0174 bank 2 trouble code to my 1999 Ford F-150. I replaced all the intake gaskets to new one and checked the pvc tubes for leak but it takes me only 1 day that the truck is okay then the code is back again. I cleaned the maf sensor cause I thought it was dirty but the code is still there. Also I checked the fuel pressure but it was working okay around 30-40psi.
I got these freeze frame results to my obd scanner below:
Short term fuel trim bank 1 @ 3.9%
Short term fuel trim bank 2 @ 31.3%
Long term fuel trim bank 1 @ 0%
Long term fuel trim bank 2 @ 33.6%
Engine RPM @ 1369
Vehicle speed @ 80 kms
What should be the potential problem?
Thanks,
Joe
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

As I am sure you know the code P0174 is a lean code (bank 2) and from looking at your fuel trim reading its looks like you are still dealing a vacuum leak. If the MAF and or the fuel pressure was an issue you would normally get the P0171 to go with it. Are you 100% sure the new intake gasket is still not leaking.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I think so Ron. I think the best way for me to test it is to buy Evap machine. I will let you know if there are vacuum leaks still. Thank you.
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

That would be a good idea Joe, from your trim reading this sure looks lean to me.