Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Would u know where i can find the relays remote /unlock? My

Customer Question

Hi, Would u know where i can find the relays for the remote for lock/unlock? My doors unlock but don't lock via the key fob, and I've been told that the problem is probably the relay but i just can't find it.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Can you lock and unlock from the doors from the switches on the doors

and just have a problem unlocking with the Key Fob?

Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The switches on the door and using the key to lock and unlock works fine, it is only with the key fob that i can't lock the car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

Good thank you .

Okay if the doors lock and unlock with the switches and only has a problem with the Key Fob then the micro switch in the key fob has failed , use your spare , or you will have to buy and reprogram a new Key Fob.

Good news its just the fob and nothing with the system which could be more expensive .

The keyFobs on this car has to be programmed using a programming tool .

Check your local Car locksmith, they normally carry them and program them for you .

This is a typical issue that you are having its the unlock or the lock micro switch that fail

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** am still suspecting it is a problem with car as opposed to the key fob as i have 2 fobs and they both can't unlock the car. does this make any sense?could it be a problem with the relay as i understand there is a separate relay to lock and unlock?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

No will not be the relay , will be the door lock control module , this can be tested with the dealer scan tool to confirm

this issue .hoping this would not be your problem as this could get expensive ,

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does that mean i need to go to a dealer about this problem?
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

Yes you need to visit a dealer, or a Indy shop that is set up to work on KIA and Hyundai .

The needed diagnostic tool is a must for your problem .

Rgds Greg