Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

My name is ***** *****. I have a s60 d5 (2006) main beam

Customer Question

Hi andy ,my name is ***** *****. I have a s60 d5 (2006) main beam &head lamp flasher not working after changing dip bulb.l checked bulbs & fuses 22& 23 .fuses ok but no power.i tried another light switch .where next?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry andy no other details.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The common cause for the problem you are having in most cases is caused by bad Headlamp Ballast, have you checked them? Before you do anything, try a battery reset. To do this disconnect the battery cables and touch them together for a few seconds and see it this resolve the problem you are having. Let me know and we can work from there.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
His Ron battery reset did not fix problem. How do I check ballast?
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

See the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Ballast%20Feb%2017.pdf

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
His Ron Snap-on modus code DD 10 Not signalling from light switch to ECM
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

The code DD10 is a climate control code and not related to the lighting concern your having. See the description in the link below.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/DD10%20Feb%2018.pdf