Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

My mazda is not moving
, yes its a automatic mazda6

Customer Question

my mazda is not moving
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes its a automatic mazda6 2006 when i put it in to drive it just doesn;t move i have used it a few days ago and the AT light came on
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mazda Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

If the AT light comes on then this means you have a malfunction with in the transmission control system ,

Could be anything from a output speed sensor to the operation of the valve body and solenoids.

You will have to get hooked up to a scan tool in transmission mode to get the malfunction codes .

Not much you can do .beside disconnect the battery for ten minutes to clear codes and reset the transmission then try and drive ,

if the car now drives then you have a sensor issue ,if still no drive then you may have a internal failure .

If you do have drive then you need to get to your local dealer or transmission shop and have the transmission diagnosed .

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.