Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

Sludge build up causing engine failure with no warning,are

Customer Question

Sludge build up causing engine failure with no warning,are mazda responsible for cleaning sludge filter on oil changes as this is a known problem.car has 55,000 miles on.thank you Andy.been told by mazda that one injector was blocked causing carbon build up and blocking sludge filter that stopped oil getting to engine,which caused catching to jump and blowing the turbo,all services have been carried out by mazda main dealers and are up to date.mazda are asking for £8500.now why doesn't mazda check the sludge filter on oil changes.the car run perfectly and then one morning it just stopped, got it started and horrendous noise from engine like big ends were knocking.switched the car off immediately. Thank you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin speak to Mazda uk not your dealer if Mazda have carried out full service history and servicing is up to date at 55000 miles engine failure is unreasonable and I would expect Mazda to contribute at least towards costs . Don't speak to dealer as they will likely make it excuses . You will normally get a better response from Mazda uk

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Kevin,I'm on to mazda UK.
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

No worries please remember to rate my service and let me know how you get on

Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Please rate my service