Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My name is ***** *****. I have a 2005 Outback XT which has

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. I have a 2005 Outback XT which has the 2097 code.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes. I replaced the rear (after cat) sensor with new one. Car ran fine for a few days and then gave the code again. I have a scan gage and when I read the live data I am getting 850 to 950 mV on the rear sensor when all is warm and running. Smells rich too The original sensor was giving the same values, which made me think it was bad. Now I see it was correct though. I am having trouble reading the front O2 sensor. I think it is wideband, right?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Subaru Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This is a US car (outback XT 2.5 Turbo).
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent had the exhaust tested to see if it has excessive back pressure this should be done.If there is excessive back pressure the catalytic converter will need replaced and can cause this here.If this was already tested and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete