Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Hallo! I have a ram 2500 diesel 2004 mod it just stopp while

Customer Question

Hallo!
JA: Hi. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I have a ram 2500 diesel 2004 mod it just stopp while driving , I have no conektion whit the car when using a dodge tester , the car dont start and the instruments is not working, what can the problem be?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Dodge. The Dodge Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Last thing - JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Dodge Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hello

if the truck has just died and has no comms, no lights on the dash and it won't crank then I'd 1st check the main battery connections and then the high power fuses in the under hood fuse box and if there's any fuse connections on the battery then check these too

also follow the main battery connections back to the chassis and ensure its tight and corrosion free

also check the main alternator connections too

also measure across the battery terminals as it should be at least 12.5V , any less than this and the battery should be replaced

Expert:  Matt replied 9 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you