Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

VAUXHALL ZAFIRA SRi CDTi Auto D" SH10 JXX OSF footwell full

Customer Question

VAUXHALL ZAFIRA
SRi CDTi Auto D" SH10 JXX
OSF footwell full of water
I have removed the carpet ( Had to cut it around the seat base,) and the sodden sound proofing. No water leaks into footwell until a/c is on. Then it comes out just in front of the left seat fixing where the wiring loom goes up over the transmission tunnel. A/C drain appears to be working, can see water dripping out under the car when a/c is in use. The water is clear and is not coolant.
Any ideas?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Although you see some water dripping out from the ac drain, it sounds like it is partially restricted and most of the water is backing up and coming out onto the floorboard. I would use compressed air to blow out the drain tube and then a shop vac to suck out all loosened debris from the compressed air being blown in the tube.