sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Mondeo 2003, passenger door was playing up now not work at

Customer Question

mondeo 2003, passenger door was playing up now not work at all manually or electronicly , perminently locked . how can i manually open it? Many Thanks
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Ford. The Ford Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: door perminently locked cant open
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: i cant get the door panel off to access the solenoid or lock as the door is locked
JA: Is there anything else the Ford Mechanic should be aware of about your Ford?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Ford Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Unless there was a door or striker adjustment issue, the handles move with no resistance (indicating a linkage issue) or something foreign was closed in the door, you have a failed latch.

What will need to be done is remove the door panel to access the latch and linkage. This is obviously inconvenient with the door closed but should be possible, in rare cases you do have to salvage the door panel.

Once the panel is off then you'll need to inspect the linkage, and if ok then the latch can be condemned. It would need to be broken up/dismantled until the pawl can be reached to move it manually and open the door, and then the latch can be removed.