Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Wing mirror on passenger side of x5 200got bsashed now wont

Customer Question

wing mirror on passenger side of x5 200got bsashed now wont fold and other folds outward when press switch and wont go into normal position
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a BMW. The BMW Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: when i press the fold button the passenger side mirror doesnt move and the driver side folds right out and comes back in - it wont stay in a normal position
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no
JA: OK! The BMW Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else the BMW Mechanic should be aware of about your BMW?
Customer: no otherwise fine
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the BMW Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely the passenger mirror assembly needs replaced completely as the gears and motors are most likely damaged and once this is done this should correct the operation of the way the drivers side is operating.I would have the passenger side replaced and re calibrated if needed then check and see if the drivers side operates properly from there.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete