Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have a problem with the gearbox and/or Torque Convector on

Customer Question

Hi Mike!
I have a problem with the gearbox and/or Torque Convector on my 2004 Mercedes Benz E320 CDI Estate (3.2 Straight 6 Diesel).
Often after start of the engine car is building up a lot of RPMs but not accelerating quick enough. Giving you the feel that is it was a manual gearbox and the you have a disc slipping. Same effect is experienced when car is in reverse gear. It only appears when engine is still cold and only on take off. Once at speed everything seems to work fine. Sometimes if I slow down gear change could be a bit bumpy. But other that that is fine.
Hope you can advise me on this problem before I go for costly Authorized Dealer Garage inspection.
P.M. The car has a high mileage of above 250k.
Regards!
Den
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Your site is scam and I don't need your answer anymore. Please Refund in full !!!
Expert:  Lou P replied 10 months ago.

hello , are you still needing assistance? i assure you we are real people with real experience, sorry for the delay i answer questions as soon as i see them, let me know if you wish to continue.Lou