Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

Windscreen wipers, dip and main lights, and horn not

Customer Question

Windscreen wipers, dip and main lights, and horn not working.
All relays and fuses ok
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The is most likely a faulty body control ecu, which is also called the central junction box, which is the fuse box behind the dash. It is a combination fuse box and body computer which controls the various electrical accessories. It should be tested with a scan tool and replaced and programmed as needed.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi,As I understand ecu supliers power in to the passenger fuse box, but that box does work except 3relays which switch horn, lights, wind screed wipers.
Also side lights and rear lights working well.
So you mean I shy old drive in to local garage where they have plug in computer?
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

It has individual circuits for the different components it controls, so not only is it possible for only a couple of circuits to fail while the rest work fine, it is very common for this to happen

Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where exactly to find ecu?
Can you attach picture?
Thanks
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I will see if I have a illustration of its location. It is the fuse box inside the vehicle under the dash. That is both the fuse box and the body ecu