Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

I had to jump start my Delica campervan as battery was flat

Customer Question

I had to jump start my Delica campervan as battery was flat due to a switch being in the wrong position on the leisure battery board. After that all the electrics stopped working. All the fuses and bulb on dash have been checked. Any ideas why this is happening?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My mechanic recharged the leisure battery but left a switch in the wrong position. On the instruction panel it says if this switch is in the wrong position it will drain the main batteries, which it did. I corrected the switch and jump started the Delica. I drove it for 15 minutes, ostensibly to put some energy in the battery, but when I stopped again it was flat again and none of the electrics working. I jump started again and had to drive home without wipers, lights or indicators. My mechanic came next day and we jump started it again to get it to his garage. Since then he has changed the alternator, checked the alternator plug, checked the battery to alternator fuse, checked the light in the dash which come on if the alternator is not charging. All in order, but electrics still completely out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Phone number is *****:- *********** Landline *********** Desperate for some clue to pass on to mechanic as to how he can solve the problem. I am disabled pensioner female and need my Delica.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My information on your Camper is very limited but since no one else has stepped in to try and help you I will try. One thing you can try is a systems reset. To do this disconnect both battery cable of the main engine battery and try touching them together for a few seconds. This should reset all system. Give this a try and see if it will resolve your problem