Euro_ Service
Euro_ Service, Service Manager
Experience:  Experience in many different European car mfgrs; Lotus owner
14892859

I've got a 2001 1.9d kangoo van, when I bought it they said

Customer Question

I've got a 2001 1.9d kangoo van, when I bought it they said there was immobiliser fault, with a new battery the van will turn over but won't start at all, please help
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Euro_ Service replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Reprogramming the key chip, if that did not help, would indicate that the Immobiliser Electronic control unit is going to need to be replaced. The van will turn over and not start because the fuel pump is not being energised. This is what the immoboliser does. It allows the fuel pump to work when the right key is present in the vehicle, and will not allow the vehicle to start if the wrong key (or an incorrectly programmed key) is used. I would recommend a new Immoboliser ECU and new keys that match the ECU