rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

Left my Ferrari 599 weeks. Battery has died. I have charged

Customer Question

Left my Ferrari 599 for 4 weeks. Battery has died. I have charged it and it starts, but doesn't roar as it used to. It starts almost 50% as powerful. Lots of warning lights on. Engine will rev but doesn't show revs on rev counter. Won't click into gear with Padel and also transmission failure on.any help appreciated
Category: UK Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

First let's try this re-learn procedure. If this does NOT work, then you will need to have a scan tool attached to the system to re-learn it that way.

Thanks, Ron

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Hello

if you have a host of warning lights on its very possible the body control unit and engine control unit has lost communication with each other

I would 1st suggest replacing the vehicle battery with a new item as when a battery is deep discharged it can damage them and you end up with an internal resistance that throws the ECU and other control modules out

also check that the main engine to earth connection is clean and tight with no corrosion and also check the small earth connections that run out of the wiring loom and are secured onto the engine with ring terminals that these too are clean and bright

but you may need a ferrari scan tool to reset all the codes

https://www.autoenginuity.com/products/oe-coverage-options/ferrari-maserati-ei18.html

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Sorry for the interruption, but please try my idea first and let me know if you need any more help. We will approach this issue one step at a time.

Thanks again,

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

I forgot to mention that it is HIGHLY doubtful that you have all those issues mentioned by someone else, just by having a battery go dead. We'll get you back up and running.

Thanks again, Ron

Expert:  Matt replied 10 months ago.

Apologies Ron

don't know what happened there, I'll opt out

Expert:  rpmdiag replied 10 months ago.

Thanks, Ron