Doug
Doug, ASE Certified
Experience:  .16 years automotive and OTR repair and factory training
21364095

I have a 2014 mitsubishi outlander. The left handside tail

Customer Question

I have a 2014 mitsubishi outlander. The left handside tail lights front and back are not working and the light on the rear number plate is gone. Can you tell me which fuse works these lights
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to know which fuse works these lights.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mitsubishi Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Doug replied 10 months ago.

This model does not use individual fuses for the tail light circuit like previous models did... if there is a failure on one side of the lighting it is going to be either wiring or ETACS related.

Is there anything noteworthy that happened prior to this condition forming? Any recent repairs, modifications, accessories etc... even if seemingly unrelated to the problem area?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My husband plugged a new trailer into the light socket and this blew them, also what is ETACS
Expert:  Doug replied 10 months ago.

Thanks.

The EtACS is the in dash fuse panel, which incorporates the computer operation for the lighting as well as all bus behavior.

The chain of events is definitely not good, as it is very likely that the ETACS may have been damaged.

Please remove the cars trailer harness (unplug it anyway), then disconnect the negative battery terminal for a minute or two and reconnect it, then check the operation again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We will try this and get back to youThanks
Expert:  Doug replied 10 months ago.

Let me know what you find, and if it is the same behavior, please let me know your current mileage.

Thanks

Expert:  Doug replied 10 months ago.

I will be leaving for the night shortly, but if you need more help with this just let me know and I will get back with you as soon as I am in.