sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Jeep Cherokee XJ 1995. I noticed the other day that

Customer Question

I have a Jeep Cherokee XJ 1995. I noticed the other day that my running light(?) does not work. (Meaning the light that goes on together with the dash when I pull the light switch one level). I can drive the car, but either with running lights and no dash or park lights and dash... The headlamps work as they give light on "park" and with "long distance" /fog lights(?) on. I have changed the headlight switch, but this did not cure the problem. Also the dome lights inside the car tends not go off when I leave the car unless I lock and unlock the car again. My radio is disconnected. I have changed fuse 11 and 17. I assume it is either a bad connection, fuse or headlight delay module? Any tips? Thanks! Sigve
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Assuming you don't have multiple blown bulbs and the replacement switch is good you either have a wiring or connection issue or a blown fuse.

The park lamp circuit is powered through fuse 15 in the box inside. Has this fuse been checked?